Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Vacation Poppies


Ever been driving down the road and admire beautiful flowers. Well here I was going down the road on vacation and see these wonderful Poppies along the road. Could not resist painting my first Poppies. The colors are so vibrant that you cannot capture their beauty. Have you ever seen something so beautiful that you cannot describe it in words. That is what I felt only with a paint brush. May you enjoy the beauty of your day and may you find your easel friendly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! -DH

Debbie Miller said...

Hi Pat, well done. I was just thinking yesterday that its nearly impossible to capture the beauty of poppies! thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll add you to my links list later.

Anonymous said...

Pat, in my humble opinion, I think you've captured the color & feel of the poppies, perfectly!

Leigh

Anonymous said...

It is nice to hear I'm not the only one picking flowers. Very pretty.

Gerard Boersma said...

Hi Pat,

Just put up a link to your blog from my own. Nice paintings, keep up the good work!

kind regards, Gerard Boersma

Unknown said...

Excellent piece of work! I love poppies. I grow oriental poppies in my garden as a matter of fact they just started to bloom.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Pat, These poppies are really lovely. I noticed you forgot to put a link to my blog on yours. I love visitors. Take care, Barb